Q: Ring Size
Determining proper ring size is important in order to avoid the inconvenience of "re-sizing" a ring after purchase. Here are several ring sizing tips:
If the ring is a surprise:
- Printable ring sizers. Click here to download the PDF. Prior to printing, ensure that page scaling is set to "none" in your print dialog box.
- Tips to make your ring size measurement more accurate:
- Confirm the printed paper size with a ruler.
- Pull tightly. The sizer must fit snugly to produce an accurate size.
- Don't measure cold fingers. This is when fingers are their smallest.
- For the most accurate reading, measure your finger at the end of the day when it is largest.
- Borrow one of your partner's rings (from the correct finger). Use the Ring Sizer PDF on this website to determine the size.
- Make an Impression. If she's in the habit of leaving any of her rings lying about, make an impression of one. A bar of soap, a piece of clay or even a piece of bread can be used to take a reliable measurement.
- Trace the inside. You can even trace the inside of the ring on a piece of paper, which can be used to determine an accurate measurement.
- Try it on for Size. Simpler still, just put one of her rings on your own finger. Push it down as far as it will go and then mark the spot with a pen, or try to remember how far down it went. Then quickly go get that part of your finger sized!
- Talk to her friends. A friend of your loved one can be of great assistance in this particular endeavor. It's not uncommon for one friend to ask another for their ring size as a matter of curiosity. But remember to pick the "secret-keeping" friend! (Her BEST friend may not be the best secret-keeper)
If the ring is for you or you are shopping with your partner:
- You can have your finger measured at any local department store that sells jewelry. If you are buying it for your loved one, then this is where it gets a little tricky! You may want to use one of these suggestions.
- These will all be helpful tools that will send you on your way to the finding that PERFECT RING! If all this fails, we will be happy to send you a complimentary plastic ring sizer. Please send us an email with the following information and you will have your ring sizer in 7 to 10 business days.