Q: What are my side stone options?
The technology used to make the Diamond Hybrid® does not allow us the ability to make stones smaller then a 0.25ct, so any accenting diamonds under 0.20ct will be natural diamonds. We are constantly researching and still working on developing this technology. This is the last piece to our "greener" conflict-free puzzle and we hope to have all sizes available in the Diamond Hybrid® by early 2011.
- Natural Diamonds in sizes under 0.20 carat in G/H color. Our Simulated Diamond Hybrid® is currently only produced in sizes larger than 0.25 carats. Every Piece of jewelry at MiaDonna.com automatically comes set with smaller natural diamonds as they compliment the hybrid stone superbly.
- MiaDonna Lab Created Gemstones. We offer a full line of Lab created Gemstones grown by Chatham. These are real gemstones and can replace any stone on any piece if you wish.
- Super Premium AAAA Cubic Zirconium. We carry a very fine CZ for people who do not want to use natural side stones in order to lessen the over all cost of your jewelry or make it 100% mining free.
- MiaDonna Man Made (grown) Diamonds. Every piece of jewelery can be created with our man made diamonds. These are real diamonds in every way. Man made diamonds are not available in white and come in a variety of colors. They majority of man made diamonds we sell are used as center stones and come in variations of oranges and yellows with a few pink and blues.
- No Moissanite or enhanced Moissanite. Because Moissanite has such a glassy look and is I/J colored it does not do a good job of complementing our hybrid which is created to mimic a real diamond. We have tried to accent our rings with Moissanite in the past but have opted not to continue with this because of Moisanite's off color.
- No Nannocrystalline simulants. Because of the heavy amounts of silicon used to glue the diamond crystals to the surface of the CZ substrate the refractive index of nanno stones is incredibly low averaging 2.06, which is less than CZ. When set side by side to the hybrid, with a refractive index averaging 2.24 the nanno stones appear dull or hazy and do not do a good job of complementing the look of the hybrid or a real fine diamond.