How do I take care of my Diamond Hybrid?
At home cleaning:
The best way to clean your MiaDonna jewelry is to use warm tap water, mild hand soap, and a very soft (children's) toothbrush.
- Allow your jewelry to soak in the soapy water for a few minutes; the hand soap will help dissolve the grease from body oils, which play a large part in trapping dirt onto your jewelry (especially rings).
- With a soft toothbrush, GENTLY scrub the jewelry to break-up trapped dirt. Be sure to get the underside of your stone with the brush if possible - buildup on the underside of gems makes them appear dull and gray.
- Rinse in clean water and pat dry.
- Professional Ultrasonic Cleaners are now available for purchase online at MiaDonna.com.
Your local jeweler can offer your MiaDonna® jewelry a more thorough professional cleaning. They will either clean your jewelry with steam or ultrasound (or both). Neither method will cause any problems and will help in keeping your jewelry at peak brilliance.
We recommend "Ultrasonic Cleaning" every so often for a deep clean. Ultrasonic is the best way to get all lotions, hairspray, oils, etc. off your gems and jewelry.
Like an earth mined diamond… please treat your jewelry with respect.
The outer layer of created diamond, once integrated with the core crystal, gives the Diamond Hybrid an overall hardness of 9.1 making it about the same hardness as a Ruby or Sapphire and considerably harder than an Emerald and twice as hard as a CZ, however, it is not as hard as an earth mined diamond at a 10 on the Mohs Scale.
You can swim, shower, etc. wearing your MiaDonna Diamond Hybrid® Jewelry with no undue concern.
However, Diamond Hybrid stones are susceptible to the same types of peril that could cause a natural stone to chip or crack. It is important that you adhere to the following guidelines for wear and care of your MiaDonna Diamond simulant:
- Be sure to remove your jewelry when doing activities or duties which would strike, repeatedly wear, knock or potentially damage your Diamond Hybrid jewelry.
- Never put multiple earth-mined and/or lab-created precious stones and gems together, keep your jewelry separate to prevent scratching.
- To keep your Diamond Hybrid brilliant and full of fire, keep lotions, perfumes, oils, cake soap, etc. away from all your jewelry and clean regularly.