Ring Sizing and Adjustments
Every ring at MiaDonna is handcrafted to order, just for you - in your size. Unlike many other jewelers, we do not re-size pre-made rings, which ensures each ring we craft is of the highest quality. While nothing is more accurate than having your finger measured by a professional, using these tools will assist you in determining the exact size you will need for your ring purchase.
Request a plastic ring sizer
If you would like us to send you a complimentary ring sizer, please fill out the form below. Your ring sizer will be shipped via USPS; please allow up to 7 days for delivery.
Please Submit The Form Below
Printable ring sizing chart
If you are not able to be professionally sized, we have created a printable ring sizer that can help you determine the appropriate ring size. Click here to download the PDF. Prior to printing, be sure that the page scaling is set to "none" in your print dialog box.
Here are some tips to make your ring size measurement more accurate:
- Confirm the printed paper size with a ruler.
- Pull tightly. The sizer must fit snugly to produce an accurate size.
- Don't measure cold fingers. This is when fingers are their smallest.
- For the most accurate reading measure your finger at the end of the day when it is largest.
Please note: while both the physical and printable ring sizers are great tools, nothing is more accurate than getting sized by a professional jeweler. Please take into consideration the bandwidth of the ring you are purchasing as ring size can vary based on accompanying band width.
Ring sizes in the US
Women’s rings typically range from size 3 to 9. The most commonly purchased women’s ring sizes at MiaDonna range from size 5 to 7. Size 6 is the most popular ring size.
Men’s rings typically range from size 8 to 14. The most commonly purchased men’s ring sizes at MiaDonna range from size 8 to 10.5. Size 9 is the most popular ring size.
Please click here to download our Internatonal Ring Size Conversion Chart.
Tips for buying the ring as a surprise
Most engagements are a surprise, which can make figuring out the correct ring size a little tricky. These are a few of our favorite suggestions to help you determine which size to order, while keeping your plan a secret.
- Borrow one of your partner's rings (from the correct finger). Use the ‘Printable Ring Sizer’ to determine the size.
- Make an impression. If she's in the habit of leaving any of her rings lying about, make an impression of one. A bar of soap, a piece of clay or even a piece of bread can be used to take a reliable measurement.
- Trace the inside. Tracing the inside of the ring on a piece of paper, can typically be used to determine an accurate measurement.
- Try it on for size. Simpler still, just put one of her rings on your own finger. Push it down as far as it will go and then mark the spot with a pen, or try to remember how far down it went. Then quickly go get that part of your finger sized!
- Talk to her friends. A friend of your loved one can be of great assistance in this particular endeavor. It's not uncommon for one friend to ask another for their ring size as a matter of curiosity. But remember to pick the "secret-keeping" friend!
Resizing your ring
We hope you found these tools useful in assisting you with finding the right size for your PERFECT RING! If for any reason the sizing was a little (or a lot) off, we are here to help. At MiaDonna, we are full-service jewelers and are happy to assist you with resizing.
If you would like to send your ring in for sizing, please contact us and we can set it up for you.
It is very important that you know the exact size you would like your ring to be resized to, as sizing up or down more than half a size may compromise the integrity of the ring design. Should you need sizing that is more than half a size up or down, then we may need to evaluate your mounting first.
- Resizing within your 30 day trial is $25.00, plus return shipping.
- Resizing another time is: 14K/18K Gold $35.00 (plus shipping) and Palladium/Platinum $45.00 (plus shipping).
Once payment is received (either via phone or an emailed custom payment link) we will email you a PDF form with an authorization number as well as the shipping/packing instructions. Once we receive your ring, it will only take us approximately 5 business days to resize and then we will ship back to you via UPS 2-day air. The whole process with return shipping time is about one week or so from the day we receive.
If you have found a MiaDonna design that you love, but need a special adjustment such as accommodating a certain ring size, altering for a different size center stone, or perhaps you have your heart set on a two-tone (bi-metal) design, we offer wax model adjustment capabilities inhouse.
All adjustments are done in the wax, not the metal, because all adjustments are made prior to casting. This allows us to ensure your custom piece is of the highest quality when crafting to your exact specifications. Best of all, most wax adjustments do not increase our standard turnaround times.
Wax adjustment request
When placing an order for one of our items, if you wish to make an adjustment (other than finger size), you must speak directly to a customer service specialist for assistance. In some instances a wax adjustment cannot be done and a new model may be required.