Last Updated: December 14th, 2022
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
If you are a customer who resides in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Service. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Service. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased and to port your data. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing or to withdraw consent you have previously provided. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a MiaDonna account, you may also review, update and delete certain personal data or adjust your marketing preferences by logging into your account.
If you have a concern about our processing of your personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. For MiaDonna contact details, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”). MiaDonna, located at the address in the section entitled “Contact Information” below, is the controller with respect to information you provide through the Service.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES MIADONNA COLLECT?
Information You Provide: MiaDonna collects personal information about you when you interact with our Services, including when you create an account, join our mailing list, make a purchase, or engage in an online chat with our customer service representatives. We also collect personal information when you make an appointment to visit, or visit us in person at our Portland, Oregon showroom location. The information we may collect includes:
- first and last name;
- email address;
- physical address;
- ring size and information about your jewelry preferences;
- items you are seeking to purchase;
- special requests and information that you choose to share with us; and
- other personal information you share with us in our Showroom location or through our home try-on program.
If you make a purchase through our Services, our third-party payment processor service provider (Shopify) may also collect billing information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, credit card or debit card number, and billing and shipping addresses. If you make a purchase over the phone, we will collect this personal information and share it with our third-party payment processor service provider.
We may associate personal information you provide to us across our Services with personal information that you provide to us in person in our showroom location.
Information We Automatically Collect: We may automatically collect personal information from your use of our Services, as well as from your interaction with emails that we send to you. The personal information we automatically collect may include your geolocation and other data, including your IP address, browser type, device type, the webpage you visited before coming to our website, pages you visited on our website, time spent on those pages, information you searched for, when and for how long you visited the website, and similar information, which we collect through cookies, beacons, and other technologies. The information we automatically collect will be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may use this information to provide you location-based advertisements and social media posts. We may also use this personal information for analytics purposes. You may be able to discontinue our collection of geolocation information by changing the app's settings or the location settings on your mobile device.
Information We Receive From Other Sources: We receive personal information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, prevent or detect fraud, and for other business purposes.
HOW MIADONNA USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- facilitate your shopping experience and transactions, including processing and fulfilling purchases, communicating about orders and their status, and personalizing the customer experience where possible;
- confirm and track your order;
- respond to your inquiries and requests;
- compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions, and accuracy;
- prevent and detect fraud or abuse;
- analyze the performance of our Services;
- understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior;
- provide you with advertisements based on your interests; and;
- contact you (via email, postal mail, or telephone) regarding products and services (of MiaDonna® or our partners) that we believe may be of interest to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE MAY SHARE WITH OTHERS
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with trusted partners.
- Service Providers: We use trusted third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, web hosting, web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, emailing, etc. These service providers only receive personal information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by MiaDonna®.
- Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), MiaDonna® may share your personal information with those organizations participating in the applicable event. Unless we tell you otherwise in connection with a special event, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event. We may authorize trusted partners to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Partners: MiaDonna® may provide information to carefully selected partners. In such cases, we might share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you, such as financing services for purchasing MiaDonna® products.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may, and you authorize us to use and disclose any information, including personal information: (1) we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or as otherwise required by law; (3) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
- Business Transfer: Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company.
- Anonymous Information. We may create anonymous records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use these records for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance our services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose any information in such records at our discretion.
- Comments. We value your comments, feedback, testimonials, etc., which help us improve our website, products, and services. By making such submissions to us, you assign your rights in the submissions to us, as described in the "Submissions" section of our Terms and Conditions page.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
OTHER USES OF YOUR INFORMATION
IP Address. When you visit our Website, MiaDonna.com collects your IP address to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, administer and tune the operation of its Website, analyze trends, track traffic patterns, gather demographic information for aggregate use, and track the date and duration of each session within our Website. Your IP address may also be used in combination with your personal information to prevent fraud or abuse, customize your shopping experience, improve our website, customer service, products, and promotional efforts, and to understand your preferences, patterns and interests.
Data Collection Devices, such as Cookies and Web Beacons. In some instances, MiaDonna® may collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons (also known as pixel gifs or action tags) and other monitoring technologies to enhance your browsing and shopping experience on our website. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive to collect information about your activities on our website. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a web page or within an email for the purpose of transferring information.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, in addition to perfect weather and great surf, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties (under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84). If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
MiaDonna® does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC's website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
MiaDonna® is committed to the protection of the personally identifiable information that you share with us. We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer sensitive personal information (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While we strive to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If the personally identifiable information MiaDonna® has gathered from you changes or you would like to access, correct, or delete such information, we will gladly provide you access to, correct, or delete (to the extent allowed by law) any personal information we have collected about you. To request access to, a correction to, or deletion of your personal information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of our diamond and jewelry consultants at 800-996-9642.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to continue to hear from us. To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: (1) select "unsubscribe" on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails; (2) write to Customer Service at 10250 SW Greenburg Rd, Suite 125, Portland, Oregon, 97223 (a "postal request"); or (3) email Customer Service with your request at email@example.com.
Opting out of communication with us does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to your orders with us. It also does not affect our use of your non-personally identifiable information.
MiaDonna & Company, LLC.
10250 SW Greenburg Rd, Suite 125, Portland, OR 97223